Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Yes"

In lieu of the past week, I have decided it is no fun to sit around and think about how sad someone else made you. In fact, that sounds like a key ingredient to a miserable day. Life is too short and has too many other possibilites to focus on one single person on the entire earth that broke your heart and made you hurt. So, here goes my new self discovery :)

For those of you that know me, you know that I am extremely cheesy...especially when it comes to lyrics of songs or movies. One of my favorite set of lyrics is the lyrics from the song "I hope you dance." I was listening to that the other day, and was reminded of two very important things.

1) If you come close to sitting out- reconsider
2) Never settle for the path of least resistance

I put a picture on my mirror up of me and two of my friends jumping on the beach with a quote next to it that says, "If you come close to sittin out...reconsider." Merely to just remind myself that life is full of joy. You take the good with the bad. You recognize that life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you respond to it. So, I've been choosing to say "yes" to just about everything. Instead of staying in on my couch and watching TV, I've been choosing to say yes to every opportunity I can. I'm waiting for someone to ask me to go skydiving. Because honestly, I am crazy enough right now to actually say yes to something like that.

And I am finally getting to a healthy place where I can appreciate resistance in my life. I KNOW that hard times build character. So, I think that's what the song was trying to convey. Never settle for things in life. Just because something is hard and challenging doesn't mean you should sit that one out. I think it means quite the contrary.

Another life lesson learned at 22: Embrace as many opportunites while you're young as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Student of life, in love with a wonderful man, passionate about relationships, youngest therapist I know, lucky to have the best friends around and overly excited about most things.