Saturday, January 2, 2010

Find rest...and be made whole.

As I was driving home from Alma, I was listening to one of Kari Jobe's songs that says, "Come find rest in Me, and be made whole," and I could not control the tears :). Something about that lyric was so refreshing, cleansing, and touching. I got to thinking about how some relationships of mine, a recent one to be more specific, have taken pieces of my heart that God has slowly had to mend back together. As I was looking ahead at how I wanted the new year to begin,I began crying out to God that He would allow this year to grow me and stretch me in so many ways that would grow me closer to Him. And then I heard that lyric. It's almost as if He were saying, "Jessica, Beloved, come FIND REST in ME, and you will be made WHOLE." To me, that said He would completely restore the broken pieces of my heart. If only I would seek out and find rest in Him. Find rest in my loneliness. Find rest in my chaos. Find rest in my fears. And doubts. In everything, really.

This New Years, I spent time with some of my best friends in Dallas. We brought in the new year together,and I have never been more confident that I wouldn't regret the people I brought it in with :). In such a short span of time, I learned so much about my past relationship. I learned that bitterness only burns the beholder. I learned that putting faith in God sometimes is more about obedience than feelings. I learned that love is not something to awaken until is so desires (Song of Solomon 2:7). I cherished time with friends. I rejoiced that a certain someone will not be a part of 2010. I smiled that all things will be made new (Revelation 21:5). I ate way too much. I spent way too much. I captured some fun memories:





Happy New Year!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Student of life, in love with a wonderful man, passionate about relationships, youngest therapist I know, lucky to have the best friends around and overly excited about most things.